Day of Admission
Your Admission, From reception to your room
When you arrive, the Admissions Office will be there to help with the necessary paperwork. Our volunteers are also on hand to answer any questions you may have about your hospital stay.
Checking your file and paying your deposit
The Admissions Office will go over your admissions file with you to ensure it is correct. They will then request a deposit. This deposit will be completely refunded upon departure, subject to payment of your hospitalization and medical fees.
What should you bring with you?
You must bring the following documents with you the day of your admission:
- Appointment schedule and any other papers sent by the hospital or your doctor.
- Medical documents (X-rays, copies of medical reports, lab analyses, signed consent forms, etc.)
- Administrative documents private health insurance documents, Social Security document etc.
- ID card or passport (for non-Lebanese patients)
- Current prescriptions or a list of medication you are currently taking, including dosages.
We recommend that you bring as few valuables with you as possible.
The hospital’s main safe: during the admissions process, we recommend that you leave expensive items and cash in the hospital’s main safe. If you choose not to submit valuables for safekeeping, the hospital cannot be held responsible for their loss or disappearance.
Your personal safe: Objects with a lesser value (ID, credit cards, keys, etc.) can be kept in the individual safe in your room. Objects kept in this personal safe are entirely your responsibility.
In case of emergency hospitalization
For emergency hospitalizations, you or the person accompanying you must proceed to the Admissions Office.
Admissions Office Tel + 961 4 718000 extension 120